According to CNBC, a college education is now the second largest expense that an individual is going to make in a lifetime. With college costs increasing, more families know they have to have a plan to pay for college than ever before.
In this episode, David Vallieres talks with Sarah Zvekan, to explain how parents can begin to plan for the costs of college. She also shares some tips for navigating this expensive event in a cost efficient manner.
- The value in allowing your kids to contribute to their college fees
- Why it’s worth checking if you qualify for financial aid
- The benefits of gifting stocks to your children for college expenses
- Reasons why you should try to avoid private loans
- How to plan for education costs for different age groups
- And more
Connect with David Vallieres:
Connect With Sarah Zvekan:
About Our Guest:
Sarah Zvekan delights in working hand in hand with clients in developing their goals that drive their long-term financial plan. Sarah enjoys helping clients organize their financial life to lessen their burden and stress. She has a high level of proficiency in the financial planning platforms that are used to serve clients and is consistently willing to leverage specialized tools to empower clients to accomplish their goals.